Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wait on the Lord

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. ~ Isaiah 40:31

When I first became a Christian, this was one of my favorite Scriptures. I memorized it. I found myself speaking it a lot. There was a lot going on in my life at that time and as I embraced this Scripture, I was confident that God would give me the strength to endure. As I learned to wait on Him and not try to get ahead of Him, my strength would be renewed. He would keep me from growing weary or giving up in the midst of the battle.

There have been lots of things that God has brought me through. I may not have understood what was going on while I was in the midst of it, but once I made it to the other side I could see His mighty hand at work through it all! He ALWAYS showed up just in time. He empowered me to keep going even though it didn't make sense and I always came through it a better person.

We have to stop trying to figure things out. We would keep ourselves from a lot of stress of we would simply trust God and know that He has it all under control. We don't have to be able to explain to others what He is doing. It's ok if we don't have the answers. Walking by faith means that we don't have the answers. If we knew exactly what was going on and everything that would happen, we wouldn't need faith.

It is so important that we stay close to God and learn to trust Him for everything. Don't allow your circumstances to cause you to lose your expectation. God WILL do what He said He would do! You have to wait on His timing. Keep expecting. Keep hoping. Keep believing. Seek Him and let Him show you the direction you need to take. He may only show you the first step you need to take. Don't remain still thinking that He will unfold the entire plan before your eyes. Take that first step. He will be right there to show you which step to take next. Trust Him to meet the need for each day. Know that He will continue to show you the way as you seek Him for guidance.

As we release control and let Him have His way in our lives, we will be able to remain at peace. We will have supernatural strength to endure whatever comes our way. We will be able to make it all the way to the end without growing tired or weary. We will soar high above the clouds and still be able to see the sunshine even when the dark clouds are all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment