Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Thankful Heart

Wow, I can't believe today is Christmas Day! It seems like we just celebrated Christmas. Time is going by so fast and if you're not paying attention, you may miss something!

As I sit here reflecting on this year, I am so very thankful! I am thankful for the relationship I have with my heavenly Father! He is always there and He has always made a way where there seemed to be no way! He sent Jesus as a sacrifice for my sins! He paid the price for my sickness and by His stripes, I am healed! He has given me peace that passes all understanding! He has filled me with hope and promised me an abundant life! He loved me when I didn't deserve to be loved! He forgave me when it would have been just as easy to let me die in my sins! He always sees the best in me and gives me wisdom for my daily life! He doesn't judge me by past mistakes but keeps encouraging me to press forward and become all that He created me to be! He protects me when the enemy seeks to destroy me! He surrounds me with wonderful people that help me on my journey! He has made every provision for me life and all I have to do is simply trust Him and walk where He tells me to walk. He has it all figured out and I don't need to worry about anything!

I am thankful for the most wonderful family in the world!! God has blessed me with the most amazing husband!! His unconditional love and acceptance means the world to me! He has blessed me with the most beautiful children! He has brought precious little Gracie into our lives and we have a grandbaby on the way! I am so thankful for my wonderful parents who always did their best to raise me right and who mean so very much to me! Most people have issues with their in-laws, but mine are the greatest! I am blessed to have so many amazing brothers and sisters who help make my life complete!

I could go on and on expressing my gratitude! There is no end to the thankfulness that is in my heart! Some may say, "We are supposed to talk about all we're thankful for as Thanksgiving approaches." That is what so many people do. The whole month of November, they find something to be thankful for each day. But what about the other 11 months? We can't just be thankful one month out of the year and spend the rest of the year complaining about everything or not showing value to the people in our lives.

It's easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and just go through the motions of living without taking the time to show the people in our lives how much they mean to us. It's easy to focus on the little things about them that get on our nerves but fail to remember all the wonderful things about them that cause us to love them so much.

The older I get, the more God reveals to me the importance of family, friends, and relationships. We can't afford to take relationships for granted. People are in our lives for a reason and we need to appreciate them. We need to show them love and let them know they are valuable. We need to give them room to be themselves and stop trying to conform them to what we want them to be. God created them differently than He created us. We can't place unreal expectations on people and demand that they live up to our standards. Take the pressure off of them and just let them be who God created them to be. Be thankful for who they are and celebrate your differences. We would be surprised how different some of our relationships would be if we simply enjoyed the people in our lives and stopped trying to change them. If any change needs to be made, we must be willing to start with ourselves.

Learn to appreciate the people in your life and be thankful for all that God has done for you. Have an attitude of gratitude each and every day. Things will come that will try to bring you down, but look for the good. When you make up your mind to be thankful regardless of circumstances, nothing will be able to steal your joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment