Monday, December 24, 2012

By Faith

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. ~ Hebrews 11:8

As I sit here enjoying my cup of coffee this morning, I stand in awe of God! I look back over my life and see just how far He has brought me and it overwhelms me! Only God could do this! Only God could transform this life and bring me out of the mess I was in!

Not only did He bring me out of a mess, but I can also see how He has led me every step of the way as I've walked with Him. When I started this journey, I had no idea I would be right where I am today. I had my life all planned out but my plans completely faded. There were events that took place that changed the course of my life. Also, the closer I walk with Him, the more my desires disappear and I start desiring what HE wants for my life. Surrendering my life to Him has changed everything and I'm so glad because He always knows best! I am still on a daily journey and He is leading me every step that I take!

God is faithful to lead us if we will simply obey. There have been times in my life that I didn't obey. I thought I knew best or I let fear stop me and I went the way I wanted to go, the way that seemed the easiest. When we choose our own path, we can still get back on track but it takes longer. We may have to endure some unnecessary pain along the way. We cause things to come into our lives that we could have avoided if we had simply obeyed. Delayed obedience can cause us to miss out on so much. We have to be willing to obey at all costs. It doesn't matter how we feel or if it even makes sense. Trust that God knows best and He knows what He's doing!

When Abraham stepped out in faith, he had no idea where he was going. He simply trusted God and took Him at His word. He didn't require that God give Him all the answers or a detailed plan of where he was going. He took that first step and God met Him there.

That is what He desires for us. Stop demanding to have all the answers before you step out in obedience. It is not faith if you have it all figured out. God wants us to live such radical lives of obedience that when He says go, we go...no questions...no hesitation!




No comments:

Post a Comment