Thursday, December 20, 2012

Secure in His Love

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 8:38-39

There is nothing like the love of God! Just think how deeply you love you spouse, your children, your grandchildren, your parents, your family, your friends. As great as that love is, it does not compare to the love that God has for us!

God's love is perfect! It is unconditional! God loved us before we were ever born! We did nothing to earn it! There is nothing we can do that will cause Him to love us more or love us less! Love is who God is! That is His very nature! No matter how many wrong choices we have made in our lives, His love remains the same! No matter how many good things we have done, it doesn't change His love! It is constant and will never change! NOTHING can separate us from His love!!

This is so important to understand because so many of us have made many bad decisions throughout our lives. We may have experienced lots of rejection. We enter into a relationship with God thinking that we have to have all the right behavior to make Him love us. As soon as we mess up, which we will, we expect Him to walk away and turn His back on us. When we do this, we put so much pressure on ourselves and create expectations that we can't live up to. We walk around in fear trying to make sure that we don't do anything wrong or say anything wrong because we don't want to disappoint Him. We spend our days trying to earn His love instead of accepting and enjoying His love. We aren't enjoying our walk with Him because we aren't secure in His love.

The greatest freedom I've ever experienced is when I finally became secure in His love! I cannot tell you what a huge load was lifted off my shoulders when I finally understood that God will not walk out of my life! He accepts me just as I am and He helps me every single day to become more like Him. My expectations for myself were a lot higher than His expectations for me. I was a lot harder on myself than He was. I expected perfection. He simply wants me to live. He gives me room to grow, room to make mistakes, and room to fall down every now and then. But He's always there to dust me off, take me by the hand, and continue to lead me in my daily walk!

When you understand His love for you and know that nothing will ever separate you from that love, your walk with Him will take on a whole new meaning! You will find freedom to be who He created you to be and you start to realize just how important you are to Him! It becomes a joy to wake up each morning knowing that He is there waiting to walk through your day with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment