Friday, December 14, 2012

Childlike Faith






My husband and I are in an exciting time of our lives! We are expecting our first grandchild and we couldn't be happier!!

I was thinking about this precious little baby and how it totally relies on my daughter for food and all the nutrients it needs. Even after it is born, it will look to Josh and Kaleigh as the source of everything it needs. It will not be worried about whether or not it will be fed or whether it will have clothes to wear. Babies are born into this world fully trusting in their parents knowing that every need will be met. As they get older, they express their needs to their parents and fully expect them to meet that need. Oh how much we can learn from a child!

The Bible tell us, "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat? ' or 'What shall we drink? ' or 'What shall we wear? ' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:31-33)

It is human nature to worry, but that's not God's will for us! He wants us totally dependent on Him, just as a child is dependent on its parents. He wants us to relinquish all control and trust Him to meet our needs. When a need arises, we need to bring it to Him, ask for Him to meet the need, and fully expect that He will take care of it!

A couple of years ago I was on my way to an appointment and I passed a school. All the children were outside for recess and they were playing and enjoying life. The Lord began to speak to me. He said, "Do you see these children? They don't have a care in the world. They are living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment of it. They aren't worried about anything because they know that their every need will be met and they don't expect anything different. This is how I want YOU to live life! I want YOU to LIVE LIFE to the FULLEST and ENJOY EVERY MOMENT! I want YOU  to not be worried about ANYTHING KNOWING that EVERY NEED WILL BE MET! Stop expecting anything less than MY PERFECT WILL FOR YOUR LIFE! Surrender all control and TRUST ME just as these children trust in their parents."

WOW! What an eye opener! God desires that we are so secure in His love that we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He ALWAYS has our best interest at heart! He may not always do things just like we want Him to, but we can be confident that He will bring to pass His perfect will in our lives and cause ALL things to work together for good! He sees the whole big picture and He knows exactly what it's going to take to help us reach our destiny and fulfill our purpose!

I am so thankful that I serve a God who knows me better than I know myself and is committed to helping me reach my full potential! He is committed to help you reach your potential as well! Don't be afraid to put your trust in Him! He will never fail you!

No comments:

Post a Comment