Monday, December 17, 2012

There's a Purpose for the Seasons

As I sit here enjoying my cup of coffee on this cold, rainy morning I'm thinking about how much having a relationship with Jesus has changed my perspective on so many things. Years ago I would always struggle with depression during this time of year. I didn't like cold days and I didn't like rainy days. After months of enduring the dreary weather, it seemed to drain the life out of me. I couldn't wait for the warm, sunny weather to return! I would go through this season of the year dreading every moment and having no joy in my life.

I still prefer warm, sunny days but my whole outlook has changed! I enjoy ALL days now! God has given me the ability to see the beauty in each day. I now understand there's a purpose for each season. If we always had warm, sunny days, this earth would not be able to function the way God created it to.

During the fall, leaves begin to die and they fall from the trees. Flowers fade away. All the things that are living and beautiful seem to disappear and then we're left with winter that looks so dead and dreary. However, hidden beneath the surface, an exciting transformation is taking place! There are things happening that we can't see and at just the right time when spring begins to approach, all of a sudden new life will be exposed everywhere we look! Tiny little buds will appear on the trees! Flowers will begin to bloom again! The beauty of God's creation will once again be visible for all to see!

It is the same principle in our lives. We go through seasons spiritually. Things can't always be bright and sunny in our lives. If it was, we would never grow. It takes those dark seasons in order for some things to die in our lives that we need to get rid of. As we get rid of those things, it prepares us to bring forth new life! At just the right time, we will see the evidence of God's work in our lives! Little "buds" will appear! We will begin to bloom! We will discover things in ourselves that we didn't know existed! We will see how much we have grown and how God has brought forth gifts that we may not have known we had! Doors will be opened to use those gifts! Divine connections will be made! We will be positioned in the right place at the right time in order to fulfill God's purpose for our lives!

Don't despise the changing seasons! God has your best interest at heart and even if you must go through a painful season, remember...this too shall pass! The best is yet to come! Spring is just around the corner so just hang on! God is about to reveal new life in you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment