Thursday, January 24, 2013

He Cares About Where You Are

Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. ~ 1 Peter 5:6-7

You just never know what life is going to throw your way. We can be going along just fine and in a matter of moments our lives can be drastically changed. I was listening to the radio while I was on my way home yesterday and someone called in a prayer request. Two weeks ago this man was outside playing football with his family and had no problems that he was aware of. Within that two week period, he was placed in the hospital where he was diagnosed with a mass in his stomach, lymphoma, and was now having to go through chemo.

I wish I could explain why things like that happen. I wish I had all the answers and could make sense of the things that we have to go through. Even though I can't tell you why you're facing whatever it is that has come into your life, I can guarantee you that God is there with you and He loves you! This scripture tells us that He cares about us affectionately and watchfully! He knows exactly where you are and He is watching over you! He has promised to never leave you nor forsake you!

He wants us to trust Him. He asks that we cast ALL of our care on Him. Give Him your anxieties. Give Him your worries. Let Him take care of those things that you are concerned about. Once you give them to Him, leave them there. Let Him carry that load for you. He doesn't want you living day to day worried about the outcome of your situation. He's got it under control. You have to believe that He loves you and then be secure in that love. He is not punishing you. He is not trying to destroy you. HE LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY! NOTHING can ever change His love for you! You have to get that and never allow the enemy to convince you otherwise!

God is doing a much deeper work through this than what you can see. As I look back over my life, I can honestly say that I am truly thankful for ALL the hard places God has brought me through. It may have hurt beyond anything I've ever experienced but I can look back and see where He changed me through every trial! A dear friend just received a bad report from the doctor this week and it makes me thankful for the road I've had to walk for the past 3.5 years with my health. If God had instantly taken me out of this situation, I would not have the compassion that I have now for those who are dealing with health problems. Because I'm having to walk it out and wait for God's perfect timing, I understand what they are dealing with. I understand the emotions, the fear, the uncertainty that tries to come and steal your peace. I also understand that God is always faithful and as we draw closer to Him during these times, we gain such a revelation of Him and an intimacy that can never be taken away from us! Our relationship with God will flourish if we will surrender to His will and choose to let our situation make us better and not bitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment