Friday, January 4, 2013

My Hiding Place

You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! ~ Psalm 32:7

As I sit here this morning meditating on the Lord and seeking a Word from Him that will give me strength for this day, I stumble across this verse. I have read it before, but today it has a special meaning for me.

You see, I am in the midst of a battle right now. As we go through life, we have our mountain experiences and then we have to go through the valley. We will never stay in either place. We are constantly moving and growing and it takes going through both places to reach our destination. There is a purpose for the mountain as well as the valley. We can't grow comfortable in either place. God does not want us to set up camp in these places. We have to keep moving and trusting that both places will help perfect the work that He is doing within us.

When I read this verse, it reminds me that trials are inevitable. They are going to come. But my comfort comes when I read that He is my hiding place! He preserves me from trouble! Though the war may be raging all around me, and sometimes even within, I can be assured that I am safe and secure in His arms! The winds may threaten to destroy me, but I shall not be moved!! He is my Strong Tower! My Fortress! My Rock! My Deliverer! My Healer! My Peace! Whatever I need Him to be for whatever situation comes my way, HE IS!! He is called the great I AM! He is EVERYTHING I NEED HIM TO BE!!

So what are you facing today? Maybe you're on the mountaintop and life is wonderful right now! Or maybe you're in your own valley. Take courage! He is surrounding you with songs and shouts of deliverance! He is your hiding place! The storm that is raging will not overtake you! This storm will pass and once again you will be standing on the mountaintop! Rest in His peace and let Him do a deep and thorough work inside of you. The most life changing moments I have experienced always came while in the valley, in the midst of the wilderness where no one but God could help me! We would never have great victories if we didn't have to go through trials. Trials strengthen us and help us know God better! They mold us and conform us to His image! It's always darkest right before the breakthrough so keep hanging on! I see the light beginning to break through the storm clouds! Sunny skies are on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment